The Malta University Holding Company Limited embodies the commercial interests of the University of Malta. The companies forming part of the Group serve as the commercial interface between the University of Malta and the business community by brokering the resources of the University to provide added value to commercial activity. The Group also provides, amongst others, a variety of services to the University’s student community and the wider community.
The Junior Accountant will report directly to the Group Financial Controller. This position also requires close collaboration with the University’s Finance Office to assist in managerial decisions and attain financial targets.
Some duties will include:
– Overseeing the day-to-day financial operations of all group companies, including management and supervision of the finance team;
– Preparing periodical management reports, reconciliations and their analysis;
– Participating in the payroll process;
– Working closely with the external and internal auditors during the audit process of the Group’s companies;
– Managing and submitting VAT, FSS and other regulatory returns.
Applicants should preferably be in possession of a University degree in Accounting or ACCA qualification or equivalent.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking career advancement and development within an exciting environment forming part of a dynamic team.
Applications, which should include a detailed CV, are to be addressed to the Group Financial Officer, Malta University Holding Company Limited, Campus Hub, Block O, University of Malta, Msida and received by not later than Friday, 15th April 2022. Electronic applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.